We work closely with organisations to place social, economic and environmental value at their heart of their strategic decisions, inspiring a culture change towards new ways of working, new opportunities and stronger business models.
We help organisations to develop strategies to integrate social, economic and environmental value creation, identify priorities, allocate resources and measure success.
Our strategic consultancy work is currently focused on:
- Local economic transformation – developing and applying a new economic model to local industrial strategies and economic development policies.
- Urban and rural development – design of liveable communities and neighbourhoods.
- Alternative futures – projecting future impacts to influence strategic decision making.
Tools and methodologies we use include:
- Analysis tools for long-term policy making and scenario planning such as Multi-Criteria Analysis (MCA)
- Alternative methods of socio-economic analysis: Social Cost Benefit Analysis, SROI, Value for Money incorporating social and environmental value, Agent Based Modelling.
- Analysis of money and investment flows.
- Co-production techniques.
- Commissioning for outcomes and sustainable procurement.
- Composite economic indicators for place.
Wellbeing at work
The cost of ill health to the UK economy is around £100 billion a year. This is equivalent to running another NHS. So how is it best to measure and inspire positive performance and loyalty in your people and supply chain?
NEF Consulting has developed a range of approaches to address wellbeing in the workplace. These draw on a decade of research into wellbeing by the New Economics Foundation.
Find out more here.
Well supplied programme
The wellbeing of workers, throughout the supply chain, is more than ‘a nice to have’. When given attention it can result in higher quality, greater consistency, lower absenteeism and a more productive workforce. However, all too often, audits surface problems for individuals and businesses in supply chains without providing the tools and techniques to change things and move beyond mere compliance.
Well Supplied provides a process for implementation support needed to achieve these goals. Its tools and processes identify high-leverage points for intervention that can be accepted by everyone involved, that directly impact the business, the lives of workers and the communities.
Find out more here.