We help businesses develop the insights to inform their decisions.
Organisations who work with NEF Consulting:
- Develop an understanding of value for money that includes social and environmental outcomes alongside economic costs and benefits.
- Integrate social, economic and environmental measurement into their culture to support the long term sustainability of their activities and investments.
- Understand and manage their impact on their employees and on local and global communities.
- Strengthen organisational performance by integrating a true sense of value into decision-making.
- Prove the value and improve the effectiveness of what they do.
We offer expertise to responsible businesses including those working in the following sectors:
- The built environment: construction, estate management, planning, cities.
- Retail: food, apparel.
- Leisure, culture and tourism.
- Finance and banking.
Our work within the private sector is, of course, subject to client confidentiality. However we are occasionally able to talk about a project and publish the report. Here are a few examples of past projects:
- A ground-breaking project with The Crown Estate to calculate the total environmental, social and economic footprint of the estate, its supply chain and the activities of its customers.
- A review of the impacts over 30 years of British Land’s development at Regent’s Place in London.
- Research commissioned by construction and development company Wates Group into the social value created through buying services from social enterprises.
- John Lewis Partnership commissioned NEF Consulting to help understand the social and economic impacts of opening a new shop.
- A trial of the Well Supplied process to improve wellbeing within the supply chain of Woolworths, in South Africa.
- Lloyds Bank/ Bank of Scotland commissioned NEF Consulting to understand the social impact of CSR and what companies could do to strengthen and deepen relationships with communities and individuals.